21st SCGA SUPER SENIOR CHAMPIONSHIP
TUESDAY-WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 15-16, 2020
Ojai Valley Inn
905 Country Club Rd.
Ojai, CA 93023
POLICIES, PROCEDURES, & GUIDELINES:
- 36-hole stroke play championship
- 76 players will play 18-holes each day.
- Ties, for first place only, will be determined with a hole by hole playoff.
All participants are required to check in with the SCGA upon arriving Tuesday morning. A table will be located near the bag drop facing the driving range.
STARTING TIMES & PAIRINGS:
- Starting times and pairings will be e-mailed to players and posted on scga.org/supersenior one week in advance of the championship.
- Round 1 & 2 starting times will range from 7:30 – 9:30 a.m.
- Players are encouraged to arrive at their assigned tee in advance of their starting time, as the SCGA starter will have information to discuss with each player in the group. Furthermore, players arriving late will be penalized under Rule 5.3a of the Rules of Golf. For example, the 9:00 a.m. starting time is defined as 9:00:00, and players arriving after that time are considered late. Lead groups should plan to be at their assigned tee 10 minutes in advance of their starting time. Subsequent groups are encouraged to arrive once the preceding group has teed off.
- Materials such as tees, pencils and hole location sheets will not be distributed until further notice. Refer to the SCGA COVID-19 Guidelines for Competitions for further instructions.
TEES & YARDAGE:
- Play will be from the SCGA tee markers. Yardage information is available on the championship portal.
- Course Rating: 69.9 / Slope: 127 / Approx. 6,027 yards / Par 70.
- Temporary Greens are currently being used on Holes #6 & #8.
- Players may plan for practice rounds at their own expense. Please identify yourself as a participant in the SCGA Super Senior Championship. Call the Ojai Valley Inn reservation center at (805) 646-5511 to make a reservation.
- Green Fees: $89 before 12:00 p.m. / $79 after 12:00 p.m. All pricing includes a golf cart & range balls.
- Range balls will be provided compliments of Ojai Valley Inn and the SCGA.
- Players should arrive on site no earlier than one hour prior to their starting time and must limit usage at the driving range to 20 minutes.
- The practice putting green is open without restriction.
FOOD SERVICE & PURCHASES:
- The Oaks Restaurant, Libby’s Marketplace and Jimmy’s Pub are all open for purchases.
- Major credit cards, cash or room charge will be accepted for all purchases.
RULES OF PLAY:
- Players must familiarize themselves with the SCGA’s COVID-19 Guidelines for Competitions.
- The Rules of Golf as approved by the USGA and The R&A govern play.
- Local Rules and Terms of the Competition can be found on the SCGA Hard Card and the Notice to Players that will be emailed to players the day prior to the qualifier.
- Click here to review the SCGA Pace of Play Policy.
AUTOMOTIVE TRANSPORTATION, PULL/PUSH CARTS:
- Golf Carts are included with the entry fee.
- Due to COVID safety policies; each golf cart is limited to a single rider. Please view the SCGA Golf Cart Policy for further information.
CADDIES & SPECTATORS:
- Caddies are prohibited at SCGA events until further notice.
- Spectators are allowed but must walk and maintain social distancing when on the golf course.
- Players must be properly attired in golf shirts, slacks, Bermuda-length dress or golf shorts and soft spike shoes.
- Shirts must be tucked in and hats must be worn forward.
- Jeans (any color or any kind), T-shirts, and tank tops are prohibited.
CANCELATIONS & REFUNDS:
- To withdraw for any reason prior to the start of a SCGA competition, a player must notify the SCGA Championships & Golf Operations Department at firstname.lastname@example.org or (818) 980-3630.
- If a player needs to withdraw on the morning of the competition, notify the SCGA staff person through the golf shop staff at the host venue.
- Failure to notify the SCGA will subject the player to suspension from future SCGA competitions.
- Refund Policy:
- Cancelation prior to the entry closing date: Full refund less a $10 administrative fee.
- Cancelation after the entry closing date and more than 48 hours prior to the start of the competition: 50% of the entry fee.
- Cancelation within 48 hours of the start of the competition: No refund.
For a complete listing of SCGA competition policies and procedures, click here.